Braid tips and hacks:
To get that perfect braid that you would love, it is important to note that these tips are just guidelines and not hard and fast rules. They are there to help you get the best from your braids. In essence, they may not be set in stone rules but it is in your best interest to adhere to them.
● Make sure to braid your hair while it is damp or slightly wet. Braiding while your hair is soft or damp would enable you to get a smoother braid. As opposed to dry strands of hair which would be harder to use to make neat braids.
● Make sure you use a silk headscarf or pillowcase while sleeping. Silk is great for natural hair and using it would help you manage your braids properly and allow you to have them on for longer.
● If your hair isn’t full enough you can use hair extensions
to give it volume. The fuller your hair before French braiding the better the braids would look.
● You could add colourful hair to your hair to spice up your braids. Having a blend of colours gives your braids a unique look. Adding a dash of red or green to your braids would definitely bring its beauty out.
● Before you braid, make sure to mist your hair. This would ensure no layered pieces fall off while you braid. Preventing these pieces from falling off is important in making sure you get the perfect French braids.
● Making your braids tight is key to ensuring it doesn’t fall out after a week. Always make your braids tight enough so they last for longer periods.
● If you are a heavy user of hair products, it is advisable to cut down on product use while in the braid is on. Using products on your braid increases the chances of your braids not lasting long because applying products means you would be actively disturbing your braids.